- CAT is a national-level MBA entrance exam, conducted once a year.
- The exam is conducted by the IIMs, and is a gateway for admission to 20 IIMs and several other top B schools across the country.
- CAT is a hard nut to crack, and those who secure a good percentile in the exam are called for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
- Focusing on CAT helps one prepare for other Management exams.
- CAT is also said to be more challenging than other MBA exams, and one of the hardest to crack.
- Final admission is granted to candidates who clear all the levels i.e. CAT exam, GD and PI.
- Candidates willing to appear for CAT must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognised board or university.
- Also, candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PWD/DA categories must have obtained a minimum of 45%.
Candidates appearing for CAT need to solvequestions from sections like Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Data Interpretation& Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension(VARC). Unlike some other management exam, CAT does not have a GK section.
Duration of the exam is 180 minutes i.e. 3 hours.Candidates can dedicate one hour for each section.
Registration fee is Rs 1900 for General and NC-OBCcandidates. For SC/ST/PWD (DA) categories, the fee is Rs 950.
Every year CAT is conducted by a different IIM. CAT2017 was conducted by IIM Lucknow, and CAT 2018 is conducted by IIM Calcutta.
To conclude, let us have a quick glance at CAT:
|Exam Full Form||Common Admission Test|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 50% marks|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based exam|
|Exam Sections||Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)|
|Number of sections||3|
|Number of questions||100 questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||+3 for correct answer -1 for incorrect answer|
|Exam Fee||General and NC-OBC: Rs 1900 SC/ST/PWD (DA): Rs 950|
How EDUNOM helps inCAT?
- We give you best guidance for your CAT test like, how you can prepare for CAT/MAT/XAT, what kind of books you need for CAT.
- We give you a trust worthy career counselling and also give admission guidance to the students.
- We counselled student since 2007. More than 1 lakh student has been counselled and more than 5000 final admission in India and abroad.
- We provide best college or university options as per your academic qualifications and area of interest and as per as your CAT score.