Armenia is a country in the South Caucasus region of Eurasia which is Located in Western Asia, on the Armenian Highlands, it is bordered by Turkey to the west, Georgia to the north, the de facto independent Republic of Artsakh and Azerbaijan to the east, & Iran and Azerbaijan’s exclave of Nakhchivan to the south.
Armenia believes in ancient cultural heritage. Meanwhile Armenia is the oldest wine producing country in the world; party life sorted for students who wants to enjoy ancient cultural values.
Armenia has a very interesting history; one who loves history can surely plan to stay here. Armenia was first country to adopt Christianity as its state religion.
Why study MBBS in Armenia:
- Globally recognized degree.
- Medium of course is English, so there will be no problem in understanding.
- The course duration is 6 years. (5+1)
- High standard of Education at affordable price.
- No IELTS/ TOEFL required for MBBS in Armenia.
- Environment friendly Armenia is a good place to live in.
- Universities of Armenia are listed in MCI.
- MBBS course programs in Armenia’s medical universities are highly in demand which is why students from different countries choose Armenia.
- More than 7,000 international students from around 40 countries study in Armenia.
- Modern infrastructure and medical equipments attracts thousands of students to Armenia.
Eligibility in Armenia for MBBS:
- For Medical admission in Armenia medical colleges in, the students must be at least 17 years of age.
- They must have passed 12th with at least 50% marks in PCB.
- NEET is mandatory for MBBS in Armenia 2018-19 as a proof of entrance in the home country i.e. India.
- Students need not require passing any entrance exams like TOEFL, IELTS.
Admission Procedures in Armenia:
- Fill out the application form of the desired university.
- Submit the scanned copies of your passport and other academic documents.
- Collect the admission letter from the University through post or their online admission portal.
- After the confirmation of MBBS admission in Armenia, then immigration process will be there.
- Receive the offer letter from the University.
- Apply for the student visa process.
Tuition Fee for MBBS in Armenia:
Average tuition fee for Medicine in Armenia is 10 lacs to 12 lacs for 5 years.
Cost of living in Armenia:
- Food – 156 Dram (Rs 23)
- Public Transportation- 8000 Dram (Rs1200)
- Basic Utilities – 12000 Dram (Rs 1800)
- Monthly Rent – 149,396 Dram(Rs 23,000)
- Internet and mobile charges-6,467 Dram (Rs 1000)
- Other costs- 15,000 Dram (Rs 2000)
Scholarships provided by Armenia:
There are numerous scholarships provided by Armenian Government and Private Institutions.
- AEF Scholarship
- Armenian American Medical Society
- Armenian International Women’s Association Scholarship
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global undergraduate)
Documents required for student visa for Armenia:
- Two passport size photographs
- Cover letter with SOP.
- Original Passport (six months of validity)
- Letter of registration from the academic Institution
- Cover letter explaining the course.
- Proof of funds
- All academic certificates with medical insurance
- Updated CV
- Copies of the degree and academic diplomas, certificates.
Top colleges in Armenia:
- Theresa Medical University of Yerevan (5years course)
- Yerevan State Medical University
- Yerevan Haybusak Medical University
- Capital – Yerevan
- Population – 2,934, 494 appx.
- Currency – Armenian dram
- Currency Converter – 0.14 INR
- Country Code – +7
- Flight Time – 3 hrs 45 minutes
- Medium of Studies – Kazakh& English
- Tuition Fee- 1000000– 150000 INR approx. total package
- Intakes- September
- Program duration – 5years
- Cost of living- 10000 apprx per month
- NEET – Yes
- IELTS/TOEFL – Not Required
- Minimum % Required- 50% in PCB for General 40% for SC/ST and reserved categories.
- Recognition- MCI & WHO.