MBBS Admission in Mauritius /Medical Admission in Mauritius
- Republic of Mauritius (French: République de Maurice), is an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000 kilometers (1,200 mi) off the southeast coast of the African continent.
- The country includes the islands of Mauritius, Rodriguez (560 kilometers (350 mi) east of the principal island), the islands of Agalega and the archipelago Saint Brandon.
- Mauritius claims sovereignty over the Chagos Archipelago situated 1,287 kilometers (800 mi) to the north east; the United Kingdom excised the archipelago from Mauritian territory prior to Mauritius’ independence and gradually depopulated it.
- The islands of Mauritius, Rodriguez and Reunion, 170 km (110 mi) south west, form part of the Mascarene Islands. The area of the country is 2040 km2. Its capital is Port Louis.
- The environment in Mauritius is typically tropical in the coastal regions with forests in the mountainous areas. Seasonal cyclones are destructive to the flora and fauna, although they recover quickly. Mauritius ranked second in an air quality index released by the World Health Organization in 2011.
- Situated near the tropic of Capricorn, Mauritius has a tropical climate. There are 2 seasons: a warm humid summer from November to April, with a mean temperature of 24.7° and a relatively cool dry winter from June to September with a mean temperature of 20.4°. The temperature difference between the seasons is only 4.3°.
- The warmest months are January and February with average day maximum temperature reaching 29.2° and the coolest months are July and August when average night minimum temperatures drops down to 16.4°. Annual rainfall ranges from 900 mm on the coast to 1,500 mm on the central plateau. Although there is no marked rainy season, most of the rainfall occurs in summer months.
- Sea temperature in the lagoon varies from 22° to 27°.
Students have to complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, in order to apply for the particular year for admission to the MBBS course. 60 % marks / as per MCI in Science & English.
Eligibility of Indian Students
Eligibility for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Mauritius is as follows:
- Passed XII class from approved board with minimum 60% marks
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in XII
- Cleared NEET 2018 for 2018 intake.
Eligibility & Requirements to study Medicine in Mauritius:
- Students who completed the 10,+ 2 school education or any equivalent education with a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks.
- Main mark of the students +2 from the subjects of biology, physics and chemistry.
- Student must complete minimum 17 years and maximum shall be 30 years
- Must be qualified in NEET-UG
- Must have good track of academic records
- Must be fluent in English language
- Passport Copy
- Further documents will be required depends upon university needs.
MBBS in Mauritius is of 5 years. Students also have the option of doing their internships from Mauritius hospitals. If they opt for internship then total duration becomes 6 years.
MBBS in Mauritius (5 years) + Internship (1 year) = Total 6 years.
The cost comes about 26,40,000 (Rupees Twenty Six Lakhs Forty Thousand There are many thousand) in course fee
Advantages advantages to study MBBS in Mauritius.
- Mauritius MBBS syllabus is guided by the medical council of India.
- There are quite a few MCI approved universities in Mauritius to offer MBBS course.
- Many medical universities has qualified India faculties, who has decades of teaching experience.
- All students are split into small batches, which facilities better learning and teaching.
- Cost of education is low when compared to India.
- India culture is seen through the country.
- People are very courteous and easy to mingle with the locals.
- Capital – Port Louis
- Population – 12.6 lakhs people
- Currency – Mauritian rupee
- Currency Converter – 2.12 INR = 1 Mauritian rupee
- Religion – Hinduism, Christianity
- Weather – 31*C
- Language – English
- Country Code – +230
- Flight Time – 7 hours 30 minute
- Medium of Studies – English
- Tuition Fee- 350000 – 528000 INR per year
- Intakes- September
- Cost of living- 14000 per month
- NEET – Yes
- IELTS/TOEFL – Not Required
- Minimum % Required- 60% in PCB for General 40% for SC/ST and reserved categories.
- Recognition- MCI & WHO.