- After the industrial revolution, Spain and then USA has control over the Philippines.
- English language is widely spoken after the native language.
- The country is famous for many islands.
- The Philippines is the second largest archipelago in the world.
- Manila and Cebu are large cities in Philippines.
- The country is famous for its tourist attractions.
- Boracay’s white-sand beaches, Palawan’s underground river, the Tubbataha Reefs, the Ifugao Rice Terraces.
- The Philippines is also having World Heritage Sites like the City of Vigan in the Ilocos region – reminiscent of Spanish era.
Why study MBBS in Philippines:
- Teaching language is also English.
- Course duration is 5 years with internship.
- Universities are MCI recognized making it valid globally.
- Medical Students usually face less patient inflow in the hospital.
- The cost of medical education in Philippines is not very expensive and yet affordable.
- Use of latest technology and instruments in medical sector.
- Low tuition fee attracts more students to Philippines and yet making it one of the common choices among other countries.
- Safety is the top priority in the country and International students can enjoy their best as Philippines has so many islands and vast culture.
Eligibility in Philippines for MBBS:
- For Medical admission in Philippines medical colleges in, the students must be at least 18 years of age.
- They must have passed 12th with at least 60% marks in PCM.
- NEET is mandatory for MBBS in Philippines 2018-19 as a proof of entrance in the home country i.e. India.
- Students need not require passing any entrance exams like TOEFL, IELTS.
Admission Procedures in Philippines:
- Fill out the application form of the desired university.
- Submit the scanned copies of your passport and other academic documents.
- Collect the admission letter from the University through post or their online admission portal.
- After the confirmation of MBBS admission, then immigration process will be there.
- Once you receive the offer letter from the University.
- Apply for the student visa process.
Tuition Fee for MBBS in Philippines:
Average tuition fee for Medicine is 15 lacs to 20 lacs for 6 years of course.
Cost of living in Philippines:
- Food – 150 PHP (Rs 204)
- Public Transportation- 500 PHP (Rs 700)
- Basic Utilities – 3000 PHP (Rs 4000)
- Monthly Rent – 12,000 PHP (16000 Rs)
- Internet and mobile charges- 200 PHP (Rs 270)
- Other costs 400 PHP (Rs 545)
Scholarships provided by Philippines:
- DOH Scholarships for Medical Students In Philippines (Department of Health).
- Bailon Dela Rama Scholarship (University of the Philippines, Manila)
- University of the East-Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center, Inc. (UERMMMCI) Scholarship Programs.
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila College of Medicine
- Luke’s College of Medicine – William H. Quasha Memorial
- Romeo P. Ariniego Scholarship for Medical Education (Silliman University, Dumaguete).
Documents required for student visa for Philippines:
- Two passport size photographs
- Filled forms of Philippines visa application.(9F Type)
- Personal appearance.
- Original Passport (six months of validity)
- Letter of registration from the academic Institution
- Cover letter explaining the course.
- Proof of funds
- All academic certificates with medical insurance
- Updated CV
- Copies of the degree and academic diplomas, certificates
Top colleges in Philippines:
- AMA School of Medicine, Makati Campus, Metro Manila
- University of Perpetual Help
- Angeles University Foundation
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- University of Perpetual Help- MD Course
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine 5.5 year Course
- Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine 5.5 year Course
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Capital – Manila
- Population – 106, 19,000 appx
- Currency – Peso
- Currency Converter – 3.69 INR
- Weather – 26.6*C
- Religion – Christian
- Language – English, Filipino
- Country Code – +63
- Flight Time – 6 hours 30 minutes
- Medium of Study- English, Filipino
- Tuition Fee- 1500000 – 2000000 INR per year (total package)
- Program Duration- 6 years
- Intakes- September
- Cost of living- 11000 per month
- Minimum % Required- 50% in PCB for General 40% for SC/ST and reserved categories.
- Recognition- MCI & WHO.
- Neet- Yes