- One of the most affordable and popular destinations to study in medicine.
- The Russian Federation attracts a large number of international medical students everyyear, especially from Asian countries.
- Safety wise russia is doing better and has strict laws.
- Russia is one of the first choice for MBBS among Indians.
- Russia is quite affordable for international students.
- Gratitude to the Russian government’s policy of subsidising tuition fees for foreign nationals.
- Demand of english language in Russia is increasing.
- Russian universities offer medical programmes in English as for now. However, foreign students are advised to learn at least the basics of the Russian language as it would help them with their interactions when they go to study medicine or any other course in Russia.
- There are numerous medical universities and colleges in Russia which operate under the aegis of the Ministry of Public Health of the Russian Federation, and the degrees offered by them. They are globally recognized by the WHO and the UNESCO.
Why study in Russia:
- Majority of the top Russian medical universities follow easy admission procedure with no entrance test for international aspirants. They allow admissions through the procedure of application selection.
- Medicine tuition fees are subsidised and living expenses are affordable compared to other countries in the West.
- With recognitions from WHO and UNESCO, Russian medical degrees are globally renowned.
- Medical courses are offered in French also.
- Russian universities offer an MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree also.
- A medical course in the Russia takes 7 years to complete, which includes an initial one year language course for international students.
Eligibility for MBBS in Russia:
- 7 years of age on or before the date of 31 st December in the year of admission.
- For General Category : 50% aggregate marks in Class XII (PCB)
- For Reserved Category: 40% aggregate marks in Class XII (PCB)
- NEET is mandatory from 1 st May, 2018: A student needs to score a minimum of 50% for General Category and 40% for Reserved Category.
Admission Procedures in Russia:
- Fill out the application form of the desired university.
- Submit the scanned copies of your passport and other academic documents.
- Collect the admission letter from the University through post or their online admission portal.
- After the confirmation of MBBS admission in Russia, then immigration process will be there.
- Receive the offer letter from the University.
- Apply for the student visa process
Tuition Fee for medicine in Russia:
- Average tuition fee ranging between 800,000 rupees and 1.1 million rupees.
- Tuition fee is increases by 10% every year.
- The Russian government subsidises the tuition fees by 80-90% for international medical aspirants, which means they only have to pay 10-20% of the actual cost of medical education.
Cost of living in Russia:
- Monthly rent-$388
- Basic utilities-$32.06
- Internet and other charges-$22
- Public transportation-$20
Scholarships for international students:
Government Funded Scholarship-
- Government of Russian Federation Scholarships
Non-government Funded Scholarships:
- The School of Russia and Asia Studies (SRAS)
- Benjamin A. Gilman
- BP in Russia Research Scholarships
- American Councils Scholarships
Documents required for student visa to Russia:
- An original and signed passport with at least one blank page valid for 6 months.
- A copy of the Russian visa application form, signed by the higher authority.
- Two passport-size photos, signed on the back side.
- A letter of invitation from a university/school in Russia, which can only be issued by the local Visa Services of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (OVIR) .
- An original HIV Certificate showing a negative result is required for the stays of more than 3 months.
- A copy of your diploma/certificate or examination result from your previous or current place of study.
- A copy of the invoice issued by university/school in Russia proving that you have already paid for tuition.