Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is considered one of the most predominant professional courses across are the India. The basic or degree level qualification for the medical profession in the MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) which is the 5 1/2 years duration (including 1 year internship).
Selection for the MBBS through an All India Entrance Examination. The qualification are required for the entrance is 10+2 or equivalent with the Science subjects. In the case of private medical colleges in entrance examinations are conducted by the institutes individually. Every student shall undergo period of the over 4 1/2 academic years divided into the 9 semesters, followed by the one year compulsory rotating the internship. Medical education in India is the regulated by the Medical Council of India.
However, being the most sought-after courses in India, it becomes more arduous to get admission to MBBS courses in India.
The MBBS is undergraduate degree programme in medical field. It takes the duration of 5.5 years for the completion the degree. It is very tough of pursue the MBBS course. This course now are the heavy demand by the students after the 12th.
Through this course, the students are taught all about the human anatomy, human cytology, medicine, chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, drugs formulation & effect and method of the surgery.
Why Choose India?
Important Entrance Exams-
For admission to MBBS courses in India, it is mandatory to appear for-
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences for MBBS (AIIMS MBBS)
- Jawaharlal Institute of the Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER MBBS) entrance exam.
Eligibility for Entrance Exams-
- Qualifying Exam– 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects in both Classes 11th and 12th from a recognized board.
- Minimum Age Requirement– 17 years on December 31, 2019.
- Candidates must be born on the before January 1, 2003.
- Maximum Age Limit – Not more than 25 years of age for unreserved category candidates and 30 years of the age for the reserved and PWD category candidates (Case pending before Supreme Court; final criteria will be notified with the release of the NEET application form 2019).
- Qualifying Marks-UR – 50%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%, PWD – 45% (minimum aggregate marks only for the PCB subjects).
- Maximum Attempts-No limit on the permitted number of the attempts.
- Nationality– Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals.
How to get admission into MBBS programme?
- To get admission into the MBBS programme in India, students have to be complete their 10+2 education with the Physics, Chemistry & Biology and score minimum 50% marks (40% in the case of reserved the category).
- The given qualification is not be enough to get admission into the MBBS course; students have to be appear for the National Level Examination conducted by the CBSE, New Delhi, i.e. NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). Students also apply for the AIIMS Entrance Exam to the get admission into MBBS programme.
- the year 2016, the Supreme Court bans are the state level or university level examinations for the admission into MBBS & BDS courses.
- Now, all the admission into MBBS course are through NEET Exam.
- The MBBS is one of the most sought courses after the 12th science in medical field. There are the so many colleges and universities from across the countries which are most offering the MBBS course.
- The students, who have cleared the 10+2 examination and they had be there are subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th stream, may go for the MBBS degree course.
- The MBBS the only course in India to become a medical doctor. The MBBS course contains the basic subjects like a physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, anatomy, pharmacology and pathology.
- It is the course with hands on training with five years a long. The students interact with the patient and get the practical knowledge of the diseases and treatments according to the them.
Possibilities and Scope of MBBS in India:-
- Indian Medical Universities approved by the MCI that offer intensive professional possibilities for the medical graduates after the their medical degree in India.
- They can apply for moreover examines or get the arrangements within the clinical enterprise, to shape are the professional outlook. Therefore, the clinical enterprise in India has be marked a note worthy ascent and people are the selecting this management, accordingly the Indian students qualified from Indian medical universities have the opportunities of achieving work in prominent hospitals or health facilities likewise building up there are clinical profession in India.
- It has been the best option for the Indian medical applicants who are the looking for an affordable medical education. It is fortifying its presence among International applicants. If you want to be learn advanced medical studies and earn expertise, MBBS in India would be one of the best options for you.
- With increasing stress levels, pollution, deteriorating atmosphere and unhealthy lifestyles and then, people also becoming aware the repercussions on the physical health due to all of this, is reason enough for the tremendous need and thereafter, professional respect for the talented and knowledgeable doctors.
- The life-saving profile of a doctor is an added advantage its wide scope at present and in future, always.
job profiles of MBBS may be the following-
- Junior doctors
- Junior Surgeons
- Medical Professor or Lecturer
Government v/s Private Jobs in Medical Field:-
- Medical Recruitment boards (MRB) in all the states, through which doctors are recruited.
- State Government has allotted reservation for “in service” doctors in the post-graduation seats.
- Contract-based practise in an organization like ISRO, NLC, BHEL and also TB CELL etc.
- Combined medical service conducted by the UPSC.
- Armed force medical service: Holds reservation for the post graduation after completing a stipulated period of service.
Top Colleges for MBBS:-
Top Medical Colleges in India is the far reaching rundown of best Medical Colleges in India.
- India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- University College of the Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Jawaharlal Institute of the Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Pondicherry
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- St Johns Medical College, Bangalore
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
MD- Doctor of Medicine
These initials refer the doctor’s credentials – they indicate the type of medical school of the doctor attended and the licensing exam they took to become a doctor. MD stands for “Doctor of Medicine,” and is the most common type of the degree earned by doctors who practice in medicine.
All medical schools award an M.D. degree, usually after the 4 years undergraduate study at a college or university followed by 4 years of medical school. (Some medical schools award the M.D. after 3 years of the college and/or 3 years of medical schools).
Most of the major medical colleges in India offer by the PG Diploma or Degree courses in there are medical programs. For example,
- Master of Surgery (MS)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD),
- Diplomat of National Board (DNB)
- The universities who offer MS or MD degrees are the affiliated to MCI (Medical Council of India) and the NBE (National Board of Examination) awards DNB degree in India. The NBE regulated by the Health Ministry of the India through an independent body. The various streams available for the medical are:-
- General medicine
- General surgery
- Radio Diagnosis
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Community medicine
- Forensic medicine
- Physiology and more
Other Career Options in Medical Field –
Health care jobs are the high demand across by the board. Whether you want to be spend 10+ years in college an less than a year, you can find work in the medical field. All you need is good education and the passion for helping are others to start a profitable and rewarding career.
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Home Health Aide
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Pharmacy Technician
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Clinical Laboratory Technician