Why study in Germany?
- Public universities in Germany are tuition-free, and of course, you might be eligible for scholarships by German government.
- Master’s courses in Germany is divided into two parts, first you can directly enroll yourself after bachelor’s degree and secondly you should have 2-3 years of minimum work experience in the course you want to apply for.
- German universities offer excellence in education, when it comes to research; Germany has been ranked best in the world. You will earn an internationally renowned degree, giving you excellent prospects on the career front.
- German universities provide theoretical as well as they also focus on practical training for the betterment of skills.
- In Germany, you can make the best of your personality in terms of personal and professional skills with full potential. If you want to achieve better things in your life than Germany is beyond words because it holds number of options with and after your studies. In comparison with other countries, Germany is a bound to be a safe country with peaceful environment.
Germany offers diversity in culture; students can enjoy number of events, functions and what not. Germany is a beautiful place with everything more than perfect.
For Under Graduate:
Like any country, Germany, too, checks students eligibility on two parameters,
- Subject/ Scholastic Aptitude
- Language Proficiency- for English proficiency: IELTS,TOEFL
- For German Language-TestDAF &DAH
Subject/ Scholastic Aptitude
The scholastic aptitude tests like the SAT or ACT, however, creates confusion for students. Well there is no reason to worry about. In fact, students planning for engineering/ science courses have reasons to smile – JEE Advanced is accepted in almost German Universities.
Under-graduate courses in Germany Requires:
- 12th/ Secondary Level Certification and,
- Cleared your JEE Advanced Exam
- Completed 1 year of bachelor degree education in India.
- Cleared the Feststellungsprüfung entrance exam for admission in different universities.
Note– If in case students can’t qualify the first two steps than you can try the third one for your way to study Germany. Studienkolleg is a public institute that offers courses to help you qualify for your desired career.
For Post Graduate Courses:
- German equivalent bachelor’s degree or a 3 year engineering degree from any recognized Indian University.
- A certain score in GMAT/GRE.(above 300)
- IELTS & TOEFL is also required.
The application process for UG/PG courses in Germany,
Essentially, these are the steps you should follow:
- Check for the eligibility in the university
- Apply for tests/assessments.
- (SOP) statement of purpose, letters of recommendation and certified test score and experience letter if required.
- Application starts in 1st week of December till 15 January
- Letter of acceptance will be sent in February and March
- Rejection notification will be sent in March and April.
- Application deadline: From last week of May till Mid July.
- The letter of acceptance must be sent in August and September.
- Rejection notification will be sent in September and October.
- Tuition fee is free at most of the Universities in Germany. The Universities charge for per semester about 140 – 500 Euros i.e. 11,000-41000, which is utilized for the University.
- For UG Courses- €20,000 a year (16 Lac)
- For PG Courses-€30,000 a year (25 Lac)
Cost Of Living:
- -Residential homes cost between 200 and 400 Euros i.e. 16,000-33,000 approx, a room in an apartment-sharing community between 300 and 500 Euros. A single room can cost from 400 Euros to 800 Euros, ranging from 33k to 66k.
- -it is possible to use the student-card as a ticket for bus and train to travel around Germany. This fee can differ from university to university and costs about 150 to 250 Euros i.e.12k-16k.
Other average monthly costs are as follows:
- €168 (~US$205) for food-Rs 14,000
- €42 (~US$52) for clothes-Rs3500
- €94 (~US$115) for transport-Rs7853
- €31 (~US$38) for telephone, internet and TV license-Rs2500
- €20 (~US$25) for work/study materials-Rs1600
- €61 (~US$75) for leisure activities-Rs5000
- DAAD is a joint organization in Germany’s higher education institutions for promoting international academic relations, primarily through the exchange of students, academics and researchers.
- The DAAD scholarship database contains scholarship and funding opportunities for international students those in need of financial support for their higher studies in Germany.
- A number of political groups in Germany offer scholarships to international students from various backgrounds, interests, and qualifications.
Documents required for Visa:
- Completed application form
- Valid passport
- Two photographs passport size.
- Offer letter from the German university you have applied for.
- Transcript of academic record
- German language proficiency certificate
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while studying in Germany.
- Certificate of health insurance
- Declaration of authenticity of documents submitted.
- Temperature- 3°C-23°C
- Currency- 1 EURO=83.51 INR
- Flight Duration from India to Germany- 9 Hours
- Official Language- German