- Malaysia’s education sector has a rapid growth in last few years, as the country is fast becoming a centre of educational excellence in South East Asia. Malaysia is currently the world’s 11th preferred country for higher education.
- According to UNESCO, Malaysia has captured a 3% market share of international students in the fast growing private education sector.
- The country enjoys a safe and comfortable environment with best amenities in every sector like medical services, excellence in education, and world-class sports facilities.
- \In addition to information, Malaysia is the preferred choice for foreign investment in the higher education sector.
Under Graduate programs
- UEC Senior Middle level – with overall marks of at least 75 per- cent.
- o be eligible for an undergraduate program in Malaysia, one must have completed:
- STPM (Sijil Tinggi Persekolhan Malaysia – Malaysia Higher School Certificate) – principal level passes
- Matriculation Certificate (Matrikulasi)
- Polytechnic Certificate
- In case, if you have completed your studies from an English speaking country, then you don’t need to take the entrance tests like SAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, but If a student hails from a non-English speaking country then the university may take a test for the English language. But this also differs from institution to institution.
For Post-graduate program
One must have completed:
- Bachelor’s degree (from a recognized public university)
- Bachelor’s degree (from a recognized private university)
- Successful completion of a recognized pre-master’s course
Level of English required
To be eligible for admission to Malaysian colleges, the applicants should have a recognized English language qualification such as IELTS or TOEFL. It is mandatory for those who apply for Bachelor of English language and literature and other English related courses.
Admission Procedures in Malaysia:
There are number of universities in Malaysia which offer better education at reasonable cost.
How to apply to universities in Malaysia
Each university in Malaysia has its own system on their website that allows future students to apply for and enroll in their degree programs. You need to select university & go through their application and submit your materials.
Here are some of the basic requirements you’ll need for admission in different universities:
- Scan copy of diploma, high school or bachelor’s degree certificate.
- A transcript/record of your previous courses
- Scan of your passport and/or birth certificate
- You’re CV
- Testing scores
- Evidence of scholarship or funding
- Letters of recommendation (at least 1)
- Portfolio and/or writing samples
Note: admission procedures may vary from university to university.
Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – 45980MYR to 75240MYR (Rs8, 11,084-13, 27,000) approximately
Postgraduate Master’s Degree – 37620 MYR to 75240 MYR (Rs6, 63,614 -13, 27000) approximately
Cost of Living
Are you thinking of studying in Malaysia? If yes, then you should look at the cost of living in Malaysia.
Average cost of living:
MYR 25,000 per annum i.e.
The average monthly rental for a single room on a twin-sharing basis could be between MYR 418 and MYR 627, depending on the area, the type of accommodation and the facilities available.
Other Living Expenses:
Groceries and Dine out – $50 to $90 per week (Rs800-1500)
Phone recharge and Internet – $10 to $20 per week (Rs176-350)
Public transport – $10 to $20 per week (Rs176-350)
Personal expenses – $ 15 to $ 25 per week (Rs200-400)
Scholarships in Malaysia:
- Tuition fees for Malaysian Masters programs are generally affordable in comparison to other countries for education. The Malaysian government is working on more quality education in its universities.
- Funding for Masters Programs in Malaysia takes various forms. Universities may offer fellowships and scholarships from their funds and endowments in order to support the students.
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan for nationals from the Commonwealth countries.
- Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS), for international postgraduates in certain subject areas.
Documents required for Student Visa:
- Scan copy of mark sheets, inclusive of secondary and post-secondary qualifications.
- IELTS and TOEFL proficiency certificate.
- GMAT or GRE scores depending upon programs you have applied for.
- Copy of visa application form signed by the applicant.
- Offer letter from your chosen educational institution.
- Proof of full-time course of study.
- Photocopies of passport. [The passport must be valid for 1 year].
- Passport-size photographs, as requested.
- Country in Southeast Asia
- Temperature: 27°-28°
- Capital- Kuala Lumpur
- Currency- Malaysian Ringgit
- 1 MYR- 17.65 Rupee
- Official Language-Bahasa Melayu
- Flight Duration- 6 hours