What is TOEFL?
- The TOEFL is Test of English as Foreign Language. TOEFL is the most important English proficiency exam accepted at North American universities.
- The test is accepted by the many English-speaking academic and professional institutions.
- TOEFL is one of the major English-language tests in the world, the other is IELTS.
- TOEFL tests the international studentsusage and understanding of the North American English as it is spoken, written and heard in college and university.
- The TOEFL test is developed and administered by ETC (Educational Testing Service), which sets the questions, conducts the test, and sends the score report to each examinee.
- Students are confused if they want to prepare only for TOEFL or other exams are also required for admission to the US and Canadian universities.
- The Exams you need to prepare completely depends on the type of course you are applying.
- For all the undergraduate courses in the US and some in Canada, you have to prepare for SAT.
- For the MBA courses GMAT scores are a requirement. similarly, for MS courses GRE scores are relevant.
- Along with the all these exams, you have to take either IELTS or TOEFL.
- TOEFL test is conducted throughoutthe year and has more than 50 test dates per year.
- Initially, the demand for test seats was higher than the availability, and candidates had to wait for the months.
- The 4-hour test consists of four sections, each measuring one of the basic language skills (while some tasks require integrating multiple skills), and all tasks focus on language used in an academic, higher-education environment.
- You may retake the test as many times as you wish, but for retest you have to wait for a
TOEFL Eligibility Criteria: –
- The TOEFL test (TOEFL-IBT and TOEFL-PBT) is open to all.
- Student pass in 10+2 level of any recognized Indian Board or University is a suitable qualification to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test.
- The test is suitable for the candidates studying at high school level. TOEFL is a language proficiency test which is taken by students those who want to move to a foreign in order to pursue study or work and gain global exposure.
- The level of test is quite high. The TOEFL score is used as the measure of English language proficiency of a candidate by the universities and institutions of United States and anothercountry, the candidates studying at high school level can take this test to obtain TOEFL score.
TOEFL PBT (Paper Based Test): –
- The TOEFL paper-based Test (PBT) was not available in all
areas until 2017, when it was replaced by the Paper-delivered test. Scores are
valid for two years after the test date, and the test takers can behaving their
scores sent to institutions.
- Listening (30 minutes)
The Listening section consists of 3 parts. The first one contains 30 questions about shorter conversations. The second part has 8 questions about longest conversations.
- Structure and Written Expression (25-30 minutes)
The Structure and Written to be Expression section has 15 exercises of completing sentences correctly and the 25 exercises of identifying errors.
- Reading Comprehension (50 minutes)
The Reading Comprehension sections hasbeen 50 questions about reading passages.
- Writing (30 minutes)
The TOEFL PBT administrations include a writing test called The Test of Written English (TWE). This is one essay question withthe 250–300 words in average.
The TOEFL IBT test is scored on a scale of the 0 to 120 points.
Each of the four sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing) receives the scaled score from 0 to 30. The scaled scores from the four sections are the added together to be determine the total score.
The reading and listening sections are the first tested, followed by a ten-minute break. The speaking and writing sections are the completed following the break.
· A maximum amount of the 250 minutes is allowed to complete the whole exam process.
Each speaking question is initially given a score of the 0 to 4, and each writing question is initially given a score of the 0 to 5. These scores are converted to be scaled scores of 0 to 30.
TOEFL Exam 2018 Fees Structure: –
- The registration fee for the TOEFL exam varies from the location to location.
- The registration fee for the TOEFL in India is US$170.
- In addition to the cost of taking the TOEFL other charges may apply in a certain circumstance.
- For late registration, the additional charge of US$35 will apply.
How toRegister for TOEFL 2018?
Registration for TOEFL can be done in four ways via phone, online, mail or in person at the TOEFL 2018 test registration centre. One can register for the TOEFL exam throughout the year. There are various test centers available for TOEFL application. Before filling the application, one should always decide where he/she will give the exam. Apart from this, online registration for the TOEFL exam will close the seven days before the test date.
How EDUNOM helpsin TOEFL?
- We give you best guidance for your TOEFL test like, how you can prepare for TOEFL, what kind of books you need for TOEFL.
- We give you a trust worthy career counselling and also give admission guidance to the students.
- We counselled student since 2007. More than 1 lakh student has been counselled and more than 5000 final admissions in India and abroad.
- We provide best college or university options as per your academic qualifications and area of interest and as per as your TOEFL score.